Brighter Futures, Learning Together
Our Ethos And Values
- To always be looking for new ideas to improve the academy.
- To work together with you, the local community and beyond to support the children.
- To create a curriculum that will let every child have an equal chance of achieving high academic success.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and supportive environment where children become self disciplined and self confident.
- To encourage our children to act responsibly, show initiative, be considerate and respect themselves and others.
- To help and encourage parents and carers to learn with their children.
- To ensure children are helped to appreciate and understand the world in which we live and become responsible citizens of the world
The 5Rs, introduced in the 2014-2015 academic year, will underpin the learning ethos of the school. At their heart, they are about the attitudes we all need to learn in life and therefore for learning. They are our school response to the work of Shirley Clarke and other research professionals on the growth mindset; our intelligence can be grown and developed rather than it being a fixed entity. At Willowbrook, our gifted and talented artists have created a super hero character and a corresponding logo for each of our chosen 5Rs. See the characters below the video.
“I am committed to my learning. How far I go depends on how far I want to go.”
“I never give up.” “I can’t do it… yet!”
“From eating breakfast to active listening… I’ll be ready.”
“I will try to succeed in as many different and creative ways as I can.”
“I can always improve.” “How can I make this better?